This is my first journal post for Technology in the ESL Classroom-ETC559 at NAU. I am a bit uneasy with taking this class as I am not an ESL teacher, but work in a high school where 1/3 of our students come from a Hispanic background. I think learning techniques and stragegies which might benefit our students will be important. However, my lack of knowledge of ESL curriculum might be a hinderance.
It seems like we have a great group of students this semester and I look forward to learning from them.
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HI Susan,
Thanks for your patience. I'm able to access now. I used IE instead of Firefox so perhaps that's the trick. In any event, thank you for your first journal entry. Even though you aren't in the ESL classroom, I think this course will be useful for your student population. The new technologies are more and more (Web 2.0) visually based which is a valuable support for language learning. You are doing fine in the course. Let me know how I can help.
Mary
Post a Comment